5 Dental Answers You Need before Getting Teeth Implants
If you’re considering dental implants, get all of the answers you need to make the best decision.
What are Dental Implants?
Teeth implants can be used to replace a single tooth, several teeth, or all of your teeth. They are tiny titanium pieces that get surgically embedded in the jawbone. Then, a special dental connector is attached to the implant to secure a crown, bridge, or dentures for the most comfortable fit and natural look.
Are There Many Benefits to Teeth Implants?
Yes, dental implants have become very popular because they offer numerous benefits, such as:
- The most permanent and long-lasting solution for missing teeth
- Ideal for almost everyone who has lost a tooth, several teeth, or all of their teeth
- The comfort, fit, and appearance of natural teeth because they are securely attached to the jawbone
- They don’t move, shift, or slip due to their secure attachment
- No damage to the surrounding healthy teeth
- A better appearance
- More confidence
- Improved ability to eat, chew, talk, and enjoy an active lifestyle
- Can last a lifetime with proper dental hygiene habits
What Other Factors Should be Considered?
Along with the clear cosmetic and comfort benefits, there are a few other factors you need to know, including:
- The anesthetic provided during implants dentistry makes the procedure painless, but there may be minor pain or swelling after the anesthesia has worn off. This can be eased with an over-the-counter pain reliever.
- Dental implants have a more than 97 percent success rate, which makes implants dentistry a wise investment in your dental health.
- The proven success of teeth implants can help justify their slightly higher cost than other restoration options.
- If cost is a concern, the treatment is sometimes covered by insurance and many dentists offer financing options.
What is the All-on-4 Alternative?
This is a popular treatment in implants dentistry that involves using only four dental implants for all of the upper or lower teeth. It is typically recommended if the patient has experienced extensive bone loss in the back of the mouth.
Are Dental Implants the Right Choice for You?
When it comes to selecting a dental restoration treatment, you need to talk to your dentist about the care that’s best for your case.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Westland, call Gentle Dental of Westland today at (734) 329-5284 or make an appointment.
Gentle Dental offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Westland. With 8 affiliated practices throughout Michigan, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Gentle Dental of Westland, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Gentle Dental of Westland.