Invisalign® in Westland, MI
Want to straighten your teeth without braces? Our dentist offers Invisalign® in Westland. Unlike braces, which attach to your teeth, Invisalign uses a series of clear, removable aligners to straighten teeth. It’s a modern way to get a beautiful, straight smile without brackets and wires.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign was invented in 1998 as an alternative to traditional braces. Our Invisalign dentist in Westland will develop a series of virtually-invisible, clear aligners that will fit over your teeth. Every two weeks, you insert a new aligner that will make slight adjustments to the position of your teeth.
The number of aligners you need depends on how much your teeth need to move. Our Invisalign dentist will map out a sequence to move your teeth gently and effectively into the proper alignment. Benefits of Invisalign:
Invisalign treatment can be very effective for adults and older teenagers. There are a number of reasons people prefer Invisalign over braces, including:
- Invisalign aligners are almost invisible. Most people won’t even notice you’re wearing them.
Invisalign aligners are removable.
- You can still eat your favorite foods.
- You can still brush and floss your teeth normally.
- Invisalign aligners are lightweight and comfortable.
- Invisalign aligners don’t have any wires or brackets that could irritate your mouth.
- Invisalign modifications typically take less time in the dentist’s chair than modifications to braces. Patients typically visit our Invisalign dentist every four to six weeks to ensure the treatment is progressing as planned.
- Invisalign’s computer program lets you and your Invisalign dentist preview what your final smile will look like.
How Long Does Invisalign Treatment Take?
Our Invisalign specialist in Westland will determine how long you need to wear the aligners based on the severity of your case. The more your teeth have to move, the longer the treatment will take. Typically, an adult is in Invisalign treatment for about a year. Invisalign patients wear the aligners 20 to 22 hours a day, removing them only to eat and drink. A person who wears the aligners for less time each day may need to be in treatment for a longer period of time.
How Much Does Invisalign Cost?
It’s a common question many people have: How much does Invisalign cost? In most cases, Invisalign costs slightly more than traditional braces. The difficulty of your case, the length of time you’re in treatment, and the number of aligners you’ll need all factor into the cost of your specific Invisalign treatment plan.
Invisalign may be covered by your dental insurance plan; check your policy to find out. Also, many people apply their Flexible Spending Account dollars toward their Invisalign treatment. Our Invisalign dentist in Westland also offers affordable monthly payment plans to qualified patients.
Invisalign Consultations in Westland, MI
Are you excited about having a beautiful, straight smile? Call our dental office to schedule an Invisalign consultation to find out if Invisalign is the right orthodontic option for you.